The long [lone] road...Updates...Fundraising...Coming Soon!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013


My thoughts as of late are filled with a large array of emotions. There's excitement. A sense of urgency. The feeling that this will be both the longest next six months, and the fastest, all at the same time. 

I must confess, there are a lot of doubts worming around in my heart. Its so easy to allow myself to feel discouraged. 

Its both thrilling and extra hard to be embarking on this adventure alone. In the past, I've done short term trips with large groups. My first trip, with my peers in high school. The second, as a leader working with high school students and other adult leaders. There were others to work with. To bounce ideas around with. To pray alongside, people who understood and gathered around, working towards the same goal.

There are so many going out on trips. So many people asking for funding. For assistance. Vying for attention, working the Missions Cafe... though I have tried to serve diligently the past seven years, I often feel as though I am such a small, insignificant blurb... how on earth will this actually come to fruition? 

$10,000.00 is a lot of money. Visas, a Bluecard, paperwork, luggage. Plane tickets. There's so much to do... and so much to trust.

In my gut, I know this is what next. I guess a big part of my current adventure is trusting God. And trusting, you all, my family. I need your support. I need your prayers. Your encouragement. I will need actual physical help with fundraisers. And I obviously need monetary support.  

Pray that I will trust God to see me through...

..........................................................................................................
F U N D R A I S I N G// G E T   I N V O L V E D

I am in the process of scheduling a table at Apex to get the word out about my trip! I'm looking at the last three weeks in May- so be sure to stop by, say hi, and pick up some information!
 
O P E N I N G   S O O N
I will be opening a Society6 shop! Selling art prints, framed art, iphone cases- all with my photography. Link to come!!

S C H E D U L E SPRING P H O T O S!
Do you need some new family photos? Personal photos for your blog or website? Or just some awesome photos of yourself?
I am now booking Spring Mini Photo Session. All proceeds will go towards my YWAM trip. E-mail em(at)gmail(dot)com for details. 

Coming in May: Shop My Closet Event
(this is not a clothing swap. These will all be items from my personal closet, as well as items donated to me, from other fashion-forward friends. All proceeds will go towards my YWAM trip)
I will be hosting a backyard, shop my closet event. I have been in the process of simplifying and clearing out my wardrobe for about six months now. I will have an assortment of sizes, jewelry, bags, shoes and more. I get so many remarks and inquiries about my wardrobe, and this will be your chance to shop my personal closet! Tickets will be on sale soon, e-mail me if you're interested in being part of the pre-sale! (early shopping, first choices!) e-mail: em(at)gmail(dot)com

Clothes, accessories, music, refreshment and a raffle! Stay tuned for dates!! 

Keep checking back for updates and follow me on Twitter (@emogden)

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.